CNC machines are real Mechatronic systems, having electrical and electronic circuits interacting with mechanical actuators / sub systems. Diagnostics and root cause analysis is an important aspect of maintenance, which is most often ignored. Often the roots of a mechanical problem is in the electronics area and that of an electronic problem lies elsewhere. Thorough understanding of the CNC machine circuit diagram, Ladder diagram and CNC parameters is needed to find and fix the root cause to minimize MTTR (Mean Time To Repair) and effective planning of PMBF(Preventive Maintenance Before Failure) towards zero down time.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing 2 day programme on Effective Maintenance towards Zero down time - Electrical Aspects of CNC Machines on 25- 26 February 2020 at Pune. The training will be based on hybrid approach with group exercises on circuit diagram study and practical demonstrations in CNC machines.
• Anatomy of CNC machines – Overview of various sub-systems of CNC Turning and Machining Centres.
• Systematic approach to diagnostics and problem solving.
• Circuit Diagram study – Electrical and electronic circuits
• Circuit Diagram study – Hydraulic, Lubrication and Pneumatic sub systems
• Maintenance aspects in CNC controllers
• Typical problems in Electrical and Electronic sub-systems; Safety aspects; Alarm messages, Alarm History and Operations History
• Maintenance aspects of drives and encoder
• CNC Parameters setting
• Demo and Group exercises in electrical circuit diagram study
• Demo of Do’s and Don’ts in CNC controllers
• CNC memory data backup
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to learn -
1. How to carry out preventive and break-down maintenance of CNC machines
2. Identifying faults in various components of CNC machines
3. How to report faults correctly to the manufacturer
4. Sub systems and circuits of CNC machines
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)