The Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing systems have been getting evolved over the last 20 plus years continuously. Globalization in various streams of engineering has been instrumental in defining the details and implementation . ASME has revised and improvised the definitions in the last release of year 2009 with examples in which almost all the readers find their own parallels. However, thorough understanding is a must across the design, manufacturing and quality personnel for implementing GD&T and realizing the true benefits in terms of interchangeability, reduced cost, reduced re work, simplified inspection & gauging etc.
The program will be focusing on application and interpretation of GD&T interlaced with interesting real life examples which the participants from various industries will be able to identify with. Participants can seek solutions from the expert faculty for discussing and solving their specific issues in design / product development.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to –
1. Distinguish between RFS, MMC and LMC conditions with
2. Do position verification: By calculation, paper gauge, functional
gauge and CMM.
3. Apply new concepts, MMB,LMB,RMB and translation, and
functional gauge design
4. Understand advanced concepts viz. Zero, composite position
and profile tolerancing
5. Selection of axial controls position, run out, profile and
concentricity, case studies
6. Gain a practical insight into inspection of GD&T features using
conventional methods, co-ordinate Measuring Machine.
Copyright © 2022 IMTMA. All Rights Reserved.