Reliability Engineering - Concept, Calculations, Techniques and Tools
- Importance of reliability / availability / maintainability
- Definition of Reliability, Risk with few examples
- Definition of Function, Failure & different types failures with examples
- Concept of probability in Reliability & Failure
- Recap of statistics & probability
- Use of basic statistics in the expression of metrics of Reliability & Examples
- Product life, Bath Tub Concept application during product life
- Estimation of reliability of components & in different types systems
- Probability Density function Failure rate in the stages of Bath Tub Curve
- Exponential / Normal and Weibull distribution methods & Weibull plotting for LDA
- Definition & estimation of MTTF, MTTR, MTBF to be used as metrics for Reliability
- Tools and techniques for reliability enhancement during design
- Concepts of FTA / RBD Boolean Truth table
- The necessity for experiments & the reason for accelerated testing in lab and the models to relate the lab data to the Product population
- Availability calculations for serial and parallel systems
- How to use the reliability data to make the product guarantee & warranty
Reliability, Availability & Maintainability (RAM) are becoming very important aspects for the Product and Process Industries worldwide. The customers are well informed about the RAM’s requirements, and demanding certain target values for these probabilities. Considering the fact, that the Reliability Predictions are useful for the companies in the project bid stage itself to have a clear understanding of the design parameters and the goal setting gaps.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a 3 Full days programme on “Reliability Engineering – Concepts, Calculations, Techniques & Tools” for designers, R&D Engineers and Quality personnel.
Various techniques and tools are required to be practised in the industry today to keep up with the pace. This program is designed to introduce these tools and techniques to the participants, and they can be able to do calculations, Plots and estimates as per the end client requirements.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to –
- Understand about the basics of Reliability Engineering.
- Understand about various types of Tools & Techniques used in Reliability Engineering.
- Understand and apply Reliability Prediction for both Electronics & Mechanical Systems.
- Calculate Failure rates & MTBF
- Understand various Lifetime Distributions & to perform Life Data Analysis.
- Understand about the basics of Maintainability & Availability.
Enquire About This Programme