Statistical Process Control (SPC) as one of the most important tools in the toolkit of companies aiming for Zero Defect. Users of machine tools require that machines be not only reliable and productive but also expect them to achieve a high degree of Process Capability with consistent precision and accuracy. During regular working of a machine, change in variables result in processes producing rejections. This is a major challenge for production engineers and a challenge that Process Engineers, Production Engineers, Tool suppliers, Machine Tool builders & Maintenance Engineers must address jointly. The norm today is to monitor ppm levels rather than percentage defectives. Understanding and deploying Process Capability to not just to meet the customers’ requirements but also minimizing internal rejections to be cost competitive. To achieve this Basics of Process Capability is the foundation on which a company’s quality system is based.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a webinar on Basics of Process Capability (Cp, Cpk, Cm) on 28 May 2020.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Calculate standard deviation and plot normal distribution
2. Calculate Cp, Cpk, Pp and Ppk; and relate values to distribution
3. Process capability for unilateral and geometric tolerances
4. Use Microsoft Excel to calculate Cp, Cpk
5. Use Microsoft Excel to plot frequency distribution (histogram)
6. Establish if distribution is Normal or not
7. Conduct trials for establishing Machine Capability (Cm)