Defect Analysis and Troubleshooting of Injection Moulded Components
- Introduction to injection moulding?
- Types of Injection moulding techniques
- Types of moulds used in the industry
- DFMA in plastic moulding
- The moulding machine
- Operating conditions i.e.,
- Injection Pressure,
- Melt Temperature,
- Mould temperature
- injection speed & time, etc,
- Optimization of moulding process through scientific moulding
- Various defects, causes and solutions on:
- Sink Marks
- Weld lines
- Short shots
- Ejector marks
- Scratches on the parts
- Burn Mark
- Moulding simulation and its significance in reducing time to market
- Latest trends and technologies in Injection moulding
- Visit to moulding shop to understand and identify the real time problems in the moulded components.
- Real life case studies and samples from industry.
We are said to be living in an era of Plastics since 1974, as the world consumption of plastics from that year onward exceeded that of steel by volume! From household appliances to airplanes, from tooth brushes to telephones, from Computers to cars, everything seems to be made out of plastics these days. Injection moulded plastic parts offer unbeatable combination of Light Weight Construction, Flexibility, Toughness, Chemical Resistance, Long-term Performance and Cost Effectiveness.
The defects in injection moulding may be caused by poor part design, wrong selection of material, poor injection mould design, poor manufacture of mould, non-optimum process parameters and wrong matching of mould with machine amongst others. Knowledge of ways and means of overcoming these defects is necessary to obtain world class injection mouldings.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a 2 day programme on Defect Analysis & Trouble shooting of Injection moulded components on 22 - 23 June 2023 at Bangalore.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
- Understand root causes & address the defects with suitable remedies
- Move towards zero defects in moulding
- Become self-certified supplier for OEMs
- Implement analytical approach to problem solving of moulding defects.
- Understanding the importance of mould / die design during product design.
- Importance of process simulation during die design
Enquire About This Programme