Online Training on Mechanical Design Validation Testing (MDVT) for Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Test cases and related stress parameters, which need careful considerations during MDVT
- Temperature – How changes in temperature test a product’s real life exposure and to evaluate component reliability
- Humidity – How exposure to various levels of humidity affects product performance
- Altitude – How higher elevations can create harmful stress on sealed components or product packaging
- Vibration – How products performs while undergoing various types of vibrations
- Shock – Effect of various types of shock needs to be evaluated
- Acoustic – Assure product meets end user’s noise requirements by taking sound pressure and sound power measurements
- Airflow and thermal testing and analysis
Design validation tests are performed to validate a product’s design; as for design specifications, internal design or external standards, customer requirements, and product regulatory compliance testing. Test parameters and methodology are commonly derived from MIL, ASTM, ISO, ETSI, NEBS and IEC specifications are established by government agencies.
MDVT is generally comprised of dynamic (mechanical) and environmental tests, alongwith a combination of operational & non-operational tests with varying test parameters, carefully selected profiles to validate specific product design areas. MDVT is defined and performed based on a product’s deployment (indoor v/s outdoor, mounting – Mobile / stationary), physical attributes (size, and weight), and industry needs (Automotive, Rail, Marine, Aero, Consumer goods, etc.).
Keeping this in mind, IMTMA has planned this program is aimed at covering Mechanical design validation testing for Electrical, Electronic & Electro-Mechanical Systems.
- Develop their knowledge in Mechanical design validation & testing
- Understand the fundamental concepts, most recent methodologies and contents of existing standards
- Understand test methods in the context of product validation
- Learn the benefits of product testing, validation and manage potential failure risks
- Participant profile
- Test engineers (Both in-house and customer representatives / witness)
- Experienced engineers and analysts in charge of Product validation activities
- Managers in charge of product validation teams and willing to improve their knowledge in product validation and the relevant processes
- Program managers who need to make critical decisions based on product validation results
Enquire About This Programme