Advanced Networking & PLC Programming
Programmable Logic controller (PLC) represents a key driver in automation, production & process planning in the manufacturing industry. Many industries of today, including packaging, pharmaceuticals, refineries, mines, machine shops, power plants and food industries use PLC systems for automation of their machinery to produce more, consistently, quickly and efficiently.
Modern PLC systems can be connected to data networks and interfaced with other automation control devices. However, for improvement / modification of the automation system, correct interpretation of the Logics and changes need to be made to the PLC program as and when required.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organising a 3 day Hands-on training programme in PLC Programming & Networking. This course provides the skills necessary to understand how typical modern industrial PLC programs work, how to make changes to existing programs and how to create small programs from scratch.
- Basic concepts of PLC
- PLC Block Diagram, function of CPU, I/O interface, internal memory, Input image memory, Output Image
- Memory, PLC SCAN, basic examples of PLC SCAN like start stop logic, etc.
- PLC Hardware: Different types of CPUs, Base racks, Extension racks, power supply modules, etc.
- Discrete Input / output modules, interfacing with field devices, concept of Sourcing & Sinking, I/O addressing
- PLC Programming : Relay based instructions, Timers and counters, Data Manipulation and other advanced instructions
- Analog Input / output modules: interface of Analog Devices with PLC
- Industrial Networking : Device level and Control level
- Advanced PLC Programming concepts for standardization.
- Standardizing the PLC programing methods.
- DATA Read and write on the network components.
- Control of Devices on the network.
- DATA Transfer & Control between PLC's
- Concept of Master & Slave PLC
- Hands-on practice on SIEMENS PLC's
- Hands-on practice on Controlling of a VFD on communication
- Insight in to basics of PLC and different types of PLCs, and latest trends in PLC Technology
- Knowledge about PLC programming software : conventional and IEC 61131-3 based
- Detailed understanding of Analog Interface
- Networking: introduction of RS485 based network and Industrial Ethernet based network
- Knowledge about PLC programming standardization for easy debugging by team of engineers in the department.
- Insight on PLC master & Slave Concept
- Insight on PLC networking on protocol communication
- Knowledge on Soft I/O & DATA Transfer (read & Write)
- Hands on experience for implementation.
Enquire About This Programme