Certified Champion in Root Cause Analysis
- Understand the basics of problem-solving.
- What is Root Cause Analysis?
- Tools/Techniques used in problem solving approach
- Concept of Y=f(x).
- Sources and types of variation
8D problem solving methodology using a case study
D0 – Implement ERA (Emergency Response Action)
- Prepare for 8D
- 8D Process Flow
D1 – Establish the Team
- Select the Team
- Map the stakeholders
- Framework for Success of the Team
D2 – Define the Problem
- Tips to write a Problem Statements
- Is/Is not Analysis
- Process Mapping
D3 – Develop Interim Containment Action
- Process of making a containment plan
- Containment Actions
D4 – Root Cause Analysis
- Techniques to identify the root cause analysis (Brainstorming, seven QC tools)
- Validate the Root cause (Techniques)
D5 – Identify Permanent Containment Action
- Error Proofing
- Selecting the Solution
D6 – Implement Permanent Containment Action
- Develop Corrective action
- Obtain stakeholder approval on PCA
D7 – Define and Plan Preventative Action
- Use an FMEA – Risk Assessment
- Control plans
D8 – Congratulate the team
- Appreciating team members
A3 problem-solving methodology using a case study
- Describe the objectives of A3 problem solving report
- Characteristics of A3 Problem Solving
- Explain the A3 problem solving process
- Provide a deeper insight into various sections of A3 problem solving report and the application of key tools to complete those sections like
- Forming a Problem Statement
- Seven QC tools for Analysis
- Stakeholder Management before implementing Countermeasures
- SMART goals
- Solution Selection
- Know the key points to consider and exit gate questions before completion of each section of A3 problem solving report
- Using a case study, complete an A3 problem solving report
Fundamental to any continuous improvement program is the ability to determine the root cause of an effect. Root cause is the fundamental, underlying reason for a problem. The approach should be “Don’t put a bandage on a problem; fix the issue permanently”.
Root cause analysis involves - deploying methodologies to understand the root cause(s) of a problem and verify the same. 8D and A3 problem-solving are universally deployed approaches that are structured to identify and verify the root cause in a scientific manner.
This course will enable participants to understand root cause analysis as a procedure for ascertaining and analyzing the causes of problems in an effort to determine what can be done to solve or prevent them occurring again. RCA potentially leads to saving of time, money, and resources.
Keeping this in view, IMTMA is organizing an Online program on “Certified Champion in Root Cause Analysis”. This course is designed to provide participants with an in-depth understanding of how to analyze a system to identify the root causes of problems thro “Learning By Doing” methodology.
At the end of this program, the participants shall be able to:
- Enhance problem-solving effectiveness by providing a model for in-depth analysis of problem situations.
- Apply the concept of Y=f(x).
- Know Tool kit required to complete an A3/8D problem solving report.
- Apply A3/8D problem-solving on the shop floor.
- Propagate systematic way of problem solving
- You will have the necessary skills required to become an adept A3/8D practitioner, prepared to lead and facilitate effective problem-solving activities and teams.
Enquire About This Programme